National Branch for Collegiate Black Student-Athlete Groups
Having planted organizations on campuses throughout California, CADSA is joining forces with schools on the East Coast and is quickly becoming the leading branch uniting NCAA Division I-III Black student-athletes.
We unite student-athletes of the African Diaspora across campuses to combat anti-Black racism and enhance their collegiate experience.
- Wed, Apr 19https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89234809545?pwd=UApr 19, 2023, 4:00 PM PDT – Apr 20, 2023, 5:00 PM PDThttps://us02web.zoom.us/j/89234809545?pwd=UApr 19, 2023, 4:00 PM PDT – Apr 20, 2023, 5:00 PM PDThttps://us02web.zoom.us/j/89234809545?pwd=UJoin us for a financial literacy education workshop on April 19th, featuring Cameron Jackson and Giovanni Nelson from Modern Woodmen. They will share their insights on how to build a successful financial future, no matter what your current financial situation is.
- Wed, Feb 22https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82920697972Feb 22, 2023, 4:00 PM PST – Feb 23, 2023, 5:00 PM PSThttps://us02web.zoom.us/j/82920697972
- Thu, May 19https://us02web.zoom.us/s/89722998721?pwd=VMay 19, 2022, 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM PDThttps://us02web.zoom.us/s/89722998721?pwd=V
- Thu, Dec 16SacramentoDec 16, 2021, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PMSacramento, 1800 28th St, Sacramento, CA 95816, USADec 16, 2021, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PMSacramento, 1800 28th St, Sacramento, CA 95816, USACADSA partnered with the River City Food Bank to donate and distribute food to those in need. We helped feed 206 households, totaling to about 450 people. We hope to continue to partner with local food banks throughout 2022 to help further tackle food scarcity in the community.
- Sat, Jun 26Webinar recordingJun 26, 2021, 7:00 PMWebinar recordingJun 26, 2021, 7:00 PMWebinar recordingCADSA's Pride Week celebration is less than one week away! We will be kicking the week off with a special presenation of our Trans Student-Athlete Panel featuring two special guests Flora Oliveira (they/them) a former UC Davis Track athlete and Zyana Thomas (she/THEY/THEM) a current Brown University
- Thu, Jun 17Webinar recordingJun 17, 2021, 7:00 PMWebinar recordingJun 17, 2021, 7:00 PMWebinar recordingExcited for CADSA's Pride Week yet? We're excited to announce our second series of podcasts the 2 part Deconstriucting the Norms Panel! This event will feature 3 guests from three different universities. Here's more info on our panelists, give them a follow and make sure to check out the two part ev
Get Started on Your Campus
3 Steps Before You Register
Assemble Your Board
Get a few people together who see the value in supporting Black athletes. Meanwhile, find someone in the athletic department who can be your mentor.
Establish Your Purpose
Lay the groundwork by establishing the mission, vision, and goals for your CADSA chapter that can serve the specific needs on your campus.
Spread the Word
Get the word out to as many people as possible to establish initial supporters! Be public about the work your group is doing.